Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Accepted!

Always such a great word to hear at the jog... And accepted we were!  Our first official day at Bromont was certainly a good start with beautiful weather and Riley feeling his best.  The only interesting part of the day came after the jog when several of us were informed that our snaffles were not legal bits for dressage... Apparently the new rule (or old one that no one ever knew) says that if you cannot find a picture of your bit in the rule book it is not legal... period.  So my loose ring snaffle is no good for Friday.  Anyone that has travelled with me knows that I always pack at least a dozen "just in case" bits. Well it turns out that I have been so pleased with Riley's preparation that for the first time ever I did not pack extras and therefore have an excuse to go bit shopping tomorrow.  There truly is always something! At least I can say now that if our dressage score is not in the 40's it must be due to having to change his bit (and if it is in the 40's he's just a really good boy that doesn't really care what bit he has in his mouth!).

But dressage is not until Friday morning so tomorrow we'll head out for a cross-country preview and I'll have my trusty photographer Nicholas in tow...  I'm sure Derek has plenty of interesting challenges in store for us :)




No comments:

Post a Comment