Monday, June 10, 2013

Bowling at Bromont...

When you have a 13 hour drive home it is not ideal to finish on a poor performance and our 5 rails in show jumping goes beyond poor.... The only up side is that it is giving me plenty of time to set up my summer calendar with as many jumper shows as I can find.  There's really no other way to get past the hurdle of figuring out how to get Riley to jump well on the last day.  While he has been consistently improving in all aspects both at home and in the warm-up area I do not end up with the same horse in the ring... So more time in the ring is imperative before we start back up again in the fall.  Don't be surprised if you don't see me at any horse trials until August... we're going to go back to the "good old days" and will pretend that we don't have a full calender of events to choose from over the summer.  Instead I'll focus on the technical aspects and training  instead.  Hopefully the results will speak for themselves by the time we head out to Richland Park!


No comments:

Post a Comment